Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:35
English to Czech
+ ...
Oct 26, 2008

Hello everybody,
I have the following problem:
I deliver regular seminars on CAT tools to university students and WordFast is of course included. We work in a seminar room in a computer network environment WITH LIMITED ACCESS RIGHTS.

WordFast has had various difficulties with this scheme but we managed to resolve most of them eventually. WordFast is now working generally fine, but on some computers (around 50 %) it is impossible to use the terminology recognition functio
... See more
Hello everybody,
I have the following problem:
I deliver regular seminars on CAT tools to university students and WordFast is of course included. We work in a seminar room in a computer network environment WITH LIMITED ACCESS RIGHTS.

WordFast has had various difficulties with this scheme but we managed to resolve most of them eventually. WordFast is now working generally fine, but on some computers (around 50 %) it is impossible to use the terminology recognition function. These computers get a "56 Runtime Error" message whenever we try to use terminology recognition.

So far, we've tried and checked:
- Word security settings
- Access rights to WordFast INI files on local stations
- Creating a fresh translation memory and terminology TXT to create a brand-new INI file

Any other solutions greatly appreciated. I suspect our problems are related to running WF in network with limited access and user rights, but can't sort out what exactly the problem is.
Collapse

Leila Usmanova
Leila Usmanova  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:35
English to Russian
May be they are not distinguished by colour? Oct 27, 2008

In Pandora's box (Settings/PB) look line "Glossary Colour", try to change colour (enter another colour number)

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 03:35
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Might be it Oct 27, 2008

Hi Leila,
thank you for the info. I'll try that within the next session. But I'm still considering the "Runtime Error" problem emerging despite having set Word security settings to "Low".

Thank you anyway!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Terminology recognition problems

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »