Save Changes window keeps poping up
Thread poster: Shawn Burke
Shawn Burke
Shawn Burke
Local time: 00:39
Japanese to English
Dec 4, 2008

Almost every time I quit Word it asks me if I want to save changes... When I haven't even opened Wordfast.

I use mac 10.4, Wordfast 5.53, and Word 2004

Anyone else have the same problem?

Shane Wall
Shane Wall  Identity Verified
Vietnam
Local time: 22:39
Vietnamese to English
+ ...
Rogue Word.dot? Dec 4, 2008

Hi Shawn,
Seems nobody else has your "symptom", myself included.

I have seen this behavior before and it seems to be related to the way Wordfast and Word "meld" together. Something has gone awry in their relationship on your Mac.

There are 2 things I suggest:
1 - try the latest Wordfast version 5 release first. Try that and if it doesn't work,
2 - find and delete the Word.dot template. If you have customized your Word setup you will lose that
... See more
Hi Shawn,
Seems nobody else has your "symptom", myself included.

I have seen this behavior before and it seems to be related to the way Wordfast and Word "meld" together. Something has gone awry in their relationship on your Mac.

There are 2 things I suggest:
1 - try the latest Wordfast version 5 release first. Try that and if it doesn't work,
2 - find and delete the Word.dot template. If you have customized your Word setup you will lose that customization.

I don't work on Macs, so don't even know if #2 is possible or relevant.

At least that is something to try.

Good luck,
Shane

www.translingualexpress.com
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Save Changes window keeps poping up

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »