trados TMX->TXT : wordfast doesn't recognize all TU because of Trados symbols. URGENT
Thread poster: MStanicki

MStanicki  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 05:28
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 4, 2008

Please, everybody, help.
I did:
export trados txt -> tmx ->load in Wordfast

as well the other way around:
export trados txt -> tmx -> use Olifant and save as Wordfast TM

either way in this TM, in Wordfast, almost every TU has strange symbols from Trados (%&=, etc.), sometimes lines of them -> IT PREVENTS WORDFAST from recognizing the source TU.

I compared one same line between TRados and Wordfast (with implemented TM as above): Trados suggested the target, Wordfast did not?!? How come, they had the same TM?

I could do the project in Trados, sure, but I prefer Wordfast!!! plus I want to import .xls glossaries to .txt and use it in Wordfast (and Trados can't do it).

Please help.

P.S. I found in Olifant "code cleaner tool", so it cleaned everything. I thought I was home. But after uploading to Wordfast it still doesn't suggest targets, even though I can find them in the uploaded TM (via TM editor). What's going on?

[Zmieniono 2008-12-04 11:35 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

trados TMX->TXT : wordfast doesn't recognize all TU because of Trados symbols. URGENT

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search