Using TMs in the new Wordfast 6.0
Thread poster: Guepard

Guepard
United States
Local time: 07:51
English to French
Jan 16, 2009

Hello,

I am fairly new to CAT tools and just downloaded the new Wordfast 6.0. I have been able to translate with it but not to use any TM. I put it in, but when I type "Current Segment Leverage" or try to type something under "TM Lookup", nothing happens. I would appreciate any help on this, stated as simply as possible.

Cheetah

Ulf Norlinger  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:51
English to Swedish
+ ...
Check Wordfast knowledge base Jan 17, 2009

Maybe this article will clear things up:

http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=knowledge&Task=view&questId=38&catId=3

[Redigerad 2009-01-17 10:39 GMT]

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 17:51
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
It's not an MT; it's just a TM! Jan 18, 2009

It cannot leverage anything if you don't have any similar segments translated in your translation memory. It's not a machine translation tool; it stores only things you have previously translated.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using TMs in the new Wordfast 6.0

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search