Wordfast 6. Dictionary
Thread poster: David Turnbull

David Turnbull  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:24
Russian to English
Jan 22, 2009

I cannot see how to use an electronic dictionary with Wordfast 6, and you can't easily copy a word to paste into a dictionary. Or am I missing something obvious?

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 11:24
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Disappointment Jan 22, 2009

No, you're not missing anything. Wordfast 6 is horrible right now; let's hope they improve things soon!

WFP Dictionary Jan 22, 2009

uei wrote:

I cannot see how to use an electronic dictionary with Wordfast 6, and you can't easily copy a word to paste into a dictionary. Or am I missing something obvious?

Are you referencing the internal dictionaries available? WFP does not support external dictionaries.

The internal dictionary which is accessed via the Spell Check feature has an easy to use Add To dictionary button for all words not in the dictionary.

Regards
Hillary

David Turnbull  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:24
Russian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Shortcoming Jan 23, 2009

I have found the previous version of Wordfast useful, and I like the company's approach of allowing translators to get used to the software before purchasing. However, in Wordfast 6, I regard the inability to use an external dictionary as a major shortcoming.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast 6. Dictionary

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search