diference b/w "translate until fuzzy" and "translate until no match"
Thread poster: thekidRMIT
thekidRMIT
Local time: 11:15
English to Vietnamese
Feb 5, 2009

Hi all
I just start learn how to used CAT Tool in translate function there are 2 term I do not understand they are " translate until fuzzy and translate until no match. Please explain the difference of them

thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:15
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
TranslateUntilNoMatch Feb 5, 2009

translate until no match
translate until fuzzy
and
Auto translate while 100% match
are all descriptions for the same Wordfast function.

The Wordfast macro TranslateUntilNoMatch will be executed and Wordfast Classic will automatically segment and translate the text until a less than 100% match is found.

Regards,
Gerard

Translate Features WFP Feb 5, 2009

thekidRMIT wrote:

Hi all
I just start learn how to used CAT Tool in translate function there are 2 term I do not understand they are " translate until fuzzy and translate until no match. Please explain the difference of them

thanks

In Wordfast Pro the "Translate until Fuzzy" function will translate through your segments (leveraging the TM) until a segment is found with less then a 100% match. "Translate until No Match" will translate through your segments (leveraging the TM) until a segment is found with No Match. NO match is defined by your Fuzzy threshold which can be set in Edit->Preferences->Translation Memory.

Best
Hillary

thekidRMIT
Local time: 11:15
English to Vietnamese
TOPIC STARTER
still some confuse Feb 6, 2009

Hillary Lindsay wrote:

thekidRMIT wrote:

Hi all

thanks

"Translate until No Match" will translate through your segments (leveraging the TM) until a segment is found with No Match. NO match is defined by your Fuzzy threshold which can be set in Edit->Preferences->Translation Memory.

Best
Hillary

I still not sure with this one. If this is no match compare with TM so what can they translate?

Translate until no match Feb 6, 2009

thekidRMIT wrote:

I still not sure with this one. If this is no match compare with TM so what can they translate?

I am not sure I understand your question. If there is NO Match, (less then your fuzzy threshold percentage, 75% default) then nothing would be inserted (leveraged) from the TM and the translator would need to translate the entire segment.

If this doesnt answer your question could you possibly rephrase so I can get a better understanding?

Thanks
Hillary

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

diference b/w "translate until fuzzy" and "translate until no match"

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search