Romy Retzlaff
Romy Retzlaff  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:54
French to German
+ ...
Feb 6, 2009

Bonjour,

j'ai traduit un fichier Word avec Wordfast et je n'arrive pas à nettoyer le document. A chaque fois que je fais une tentative, Word cesse de fonctionner.

C'est un fichier lourd qui tient aussi des images et des zones de textes. Je suis très embêtée, je dois livrer le fichier lundi, il est traduit mais je ne peux pas l'envoyer comme ça.

Peut-être quelqu'un connaît une solution?

Merci!

Eleonora Timmons Militano
Eleonora Timmons Militano  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:54
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I have had the same problem Feb 6, 2009

Hi!

I have had the same problem several times. Sometimes it helps to close and reopen the file a few times till it does the clean up.
Sometimes the file extension is .rtf (rich text format) and you should change it to a normal .doc file, so that the size is smaller.

Or, alternatively you can cut out some big images, clean the file and paste the images back into the document after cleaning.

Hope it helps.
Eleonora

Romy Retzlaff
France
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
text boxes Feb 6, 2009

I tried this, the file is in .doc, I already deleted the images but it did not work; there seem to be text boxes that I can't 'see' in the background and so Word crushes down every time I try the cleaning.

there are also a lot of page and section jumps that I can't change.

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
Difficile à dire ... Feb 6, 2009

Romy Retzlaff wrote:

C'est un fichier lourd qui tient aussi des images et des zones de textes. Je suis très embêtée, je dois livrer le fichier lundi, il est traduit mais je ne peux pas l'envoyer comme ça.

... mais c'est de toute évidence une conversion d'un PDF au départ ???

Peu de chances alors de s'en tirer tranquille. Retournez le fichier non cleané au client. C'est son problème, pas le vôtre !!! Vous avez traduit ? Alors vous avez fait votre part du job. Aux autres les ennuis ...

Bon ouique cependant et surtout faut plus se prendre la tête avec ce genre de truc.

OM

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 09:54
French to English
+ ...
Use Find and Replace Feb 6, 2009

Hi Romy,
Make a copy of your file, then use the Find and Replace function.

"Find What" - hidden text and "Replace" with nothing.
See if it works.

HTH,
Sandra

Karen Stokes
Karen Stokes  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:54
Member (2003)
French to English
Quick clean? Feb 6, 2009

Avez-vous essayé la fonction Quick Clean? Normalement elle marche bien.

Cdt,

Karen

Romy Retzlaff
France
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
pour l'instant pas de solution Feb 6, 2009

Bon, pour le moment, je vais laisser ce fichier comme il est - ce qui me rassure un peu, c'est que ce soit le seul fichier concerné, j'ai fait une autre petite traduction et tout va bien. Peut-être une solution apparaîtra par miracle d'ici lundi...

merci...

Romy

Romy Retzlaff
France
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problème résolu Feb 9, 2009

J'ai finalement réussi par une manipulation assez fastidieuse... j'ai copié le texte à traduire dans un document texte, que j'ai ensuite copié dans un nouveau document Word et j'ai pu utiliser la TM et faire le nettoyage. Cela a par contre nécessité de remettre toutes les images et la mise en page une fois le texte traduit. Mais ça y est, c'est fait!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Nettoyage fichier wordfast - word se ferme

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »