WF6: No original file
Thread poster: DZiW

DZiW
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 14, 2009

Hello,
Recently I tried to save my finished project (.doc.txml) via [Save Translated File] but got the following message -
Code:
No original file:
Original file could not be found.

It's TRUE for I launched the project from a removable USB-stick BUT as far as WF was working fine without the original I didn't save it locally. Not a warning and now the project is done but I cannot get the result.

Have anybody encountered a similar nuance and coped with it successfully ?

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxEric Hahn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:36
French to German
+ ...
Preview Feb 16, 2009

I never save the translated file, but simply draw the original file on the Wordfast 6 window and preview it in Word to save it under another name in order to be able to edit it. Anyway, I think you'll need the original file to get the translated file ...

[Edited at 2009-02-16 14:44 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF6: No original file

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search