https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/12843-wordfast_does_not_clean_up_the_document.html

WordFast does not clean up the document
Thread poster: Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 23:41
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Jul 24, 2003

Hi all,

I am using WordFast with Word97 for nearly a year now (still a free version), and yesterday I have encountered a really frustrating problem:
I am translating html files.
I tag the file with PlusTools, then translate it as doc-file with WordFast. In the end I want ot clean it up and untag to convert back to html, but WordFast does not remove the source segments, and all those delimiters remain in place.
I tried Quick-clean and WordFast/Tools/Clean-up and i
... See more
Hi all,

I am using WordFast with Word97 for nearly a year now (still a free version), and yesterday I have encountered a really frustrating problem:
I am translating html files.
I tag the file with PlusTools, then translate it as doc-file with WordFast. In the end I want ot clean it up and untag to convert back to html, but WordFast does not remove the source segments, and all those delimiters remain in place.
I tried Quick-clean and WordFast/Tools/Clean-up and it's no use.
FIrst I can see the software clean the source segments, and for the moment I can see the document as it should be. But then the document disappears as if it has been closed and a new window opens and all those source segments are back in place!
If anyone has encountered anything like this, please help!

Thank you very much in advance,
Oleg

[Edited at 2003-07-24 07:56]
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:41
English to German
+ ...
Had a similar problem Jul 24, 2003

I had a similar problem a few months ago.

I had to learn that - after you have tagged the actual html file with +Tools - you do not need to untag it.

What you do is the following:
1. Tag the html file. +Tools will create a Word file that has to be translated.
2. Translate that file and clean it. Note that you source and target segments will still be visible in this file.
3. Open the original html file in IE or any other browser and update it. ... See more
I had a similar problem a few months ago.

I had to learn that - after you have tagged the actual html file with +Tools - you do not need to untag it.

What you do is the following:
1. Tag the html file. +Tools will create a Word file that has to be translated.
2. Translate that file and clean it. Note that you source and target segments will still be visible in this file.
3. Open the original html file in IE or any other browser and update it.

After the clean-up, WF will update the html file automatically. In case you have to make any further changes to your translation, just simply go back to the Word file that contains all segments, make your changes, then clean it and display the html file in your browser.

I hope it helps. If that does not work for you, I suggest you take a look at the WF forum at Yahoo.

Regards,

Sonja
Collapse

Oleg Prots
Oleg Prots  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 23:41
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Jul 24, 2003

Sonja, thank you very much!

Actually, this dawned on me some three minutes after I posted this topic. I did read the guide that said I will not need to untag the file after cleanup. But what actually kept me embarrassed for many hours was that I could still see the source text - I did not think that the translation had already been saved into html file. But then I thought a bit and just took a look at my html - and it appeared translated!
Anyway, thank you very, very much for
... See more
Sonja, thank you very much!

Actually, this dawned on me some three minutes after I posted this topic. I did read the guide that said I will not need to untag the file after cleanup. But what actually kept me embarrassed for many hours was that I could still see the source text - I did not think that the translation had already been saved into html file. But then I thought a bit and just took a look at my html - and it appeared translated!
Anyway, thank you very, very much for your reply. It's so nice to know that I'm not alone out here. :^)

Sincerely,
Oleg
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WordFast does not clean up the document

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »