https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/133597-is_changing_source_language_possible.html

Is changing Source language possible?
Thread poster: neilmac
neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Local time: 10:51
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 25, 2009

So far, I have only used WF for Castilian Spanish-English transltion. Now I would like to start using WF for Catalan-> English. Is this possible? Do I need to install another copy of the program? What steps should I take?
TIA.

Kate Hudson (X)
Kate Hudson (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
+ ...
changing language Apr 25, 2009

You only need to set up a new TM where you designate the source language as Catalan, by clicking on TM in the Setup and then entering your source language code as you did for Castilian Spanish. You may need to look up the code in the training guide or the manual.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Create a new TM, and select it Apr 25, 2009

neilmac wrote:
So far, I have only used WF for Castilian Spanish-English transltion. Now I would like to start using WF for Catalan-> English. Is this possible?

I assume you have only ever created on TM and have been using it ever since. But you can create many TMs and select one of them at the start of each translation. The TM is where the languages are specified, so you can translate an unlimited number of languages with one Wordfast. Just select the right TM.

To create a new TM: Go Translation Memory -> TM, and click "New TM".
To select a TM: Go Translation Memory -> TM, and click "Select TM".

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is changing Source language possible?

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »