Thread poster: myska

myska
Local time: 23:33
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 26, 2009

Dear fellow translators,

could your please help me?
I am working on a postgraduate project evaluating two TM tools: Wordfast and Across. However, I've encountered a problem in Wordfast I can't get my head around. I am sure that my license key is correct. I've inserted it in Wordfast some time ago now and I am sure that I had been able to use it before without problems.

All of the sudden it doesn't let me to use my TM. A dialog box appears every time stating that I've gone over the 500 TUs limit and that I need to insert license key or re-license again. So I inserted the license key again, closed Wordfast and reorganised my TM when I opened it again and nothing changed. I've done this several times but the dialog box is still appearing and I am stuck.

Would you have any suggestions why this would be happening?
As I said, I am sure that the license key is fine. I am completely stuck in my work now and I really need to get on with it.

Please, could you help?

Thank you,

Martina

I am running Wordfast Classic 5.5

[Edited at 2009-04-26 09:45 GMT]

TomN
Local time: 00:33
Delete and re-download Apr 26, 2009

Try deleting the wordfast.dot from your Word startup folder and all the temporary files in it if present. Then re-download the Wordfast and put it manually in the startup folder.

Enter the license and... hopefully this will solve your problem.

--WBR,
Tomek Nazarenko

[Edited at 2009-04-26 13:02 GMT]

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 00:33
French to English
Relicense Apr 26, 2009

I still don't know why this happens... but you can fix it by relicensing as described here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/132911-wordfast_asks_me_to_re_license_why.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic license key playing up

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search