Thread poster: myska
myska
Local time: 03:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 26, 2009

Dear fellow translators,

could your please help me?
I am working on a postgraduate project evaluating two TM tools: Wordfast and Across. However, I've encountered a problem in Wordfast I can't get my head around. I am sure that my license key is correct. I've inserted it in Wordfast some time ago now and I am sure that I had been able to use it before without problems.

All of the sudden it doesn't let me to use my TM. A dialog box appears every time stating that I've gone over the 500 TUs limit and that I need to insert license key or re-license again. So I inserted the license key again, closed Wordfast and reorganised my TM when I opened it again and nothing changed. I've done this several times but the dialog box is still appearing and I am stuck.

Would you have any suggestions why this would be happening?
As I said, I am sure that the license key is fine. I am completely stuck in my work now and I really need to get on with it.

Please, could you help?

Thank you,

Martina

I am running Wordfast Classic 5.5

[Edited at 2009-04-26 09:45 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

TomN
Local time: 04:07
Delete and re-download Apr 26, 2009

Try deleting the wordfast.dot from your Word startup folder and all the temporary files in it if present. Then re-download the Wordfast and put it manually in the startup folder.

Enter the license and... hopefully this will solve your problem.

--WBR,
Tomek Nazarenko

[Edited at 2009-04-26 13:02 GMT]

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:07
French to English
Relicense Apr 26, 2009

I still don't know why this happens... but you can fix it by relicensing as described here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/132911-wordfast_asks_me_to_re_license_why.html

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic license key playing up

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search