When I open Wordfast my Oxford spelling checker and dictionary buttons all disappear
Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:12
Dutch to English
May 11, 2009

Hallo,

Small but niggling problem here: every time I open Wordfast in the add-ins bar (Wordfast always displays only the 'open translation' button on start-up), my Oxford spelling checker and dictionary buttons all disappear. I need to go to Word options and tick the appropriate box in the Word add-ins to make them appear again. Often they will disappear again if I leave the add-ins menu and then return again. Also lost my Wordfast toolbox icon, though I can probably get this back
... See more
Hallo,

Small but niggling problem here: every time I open Wordfast in the add-ins bar (Wordfast always displays only the 'open translation' button on start-up), my Oxford spelling checker and dictionary buttons all disappear. I need to go to Word options and tick the appropriate box in the Word add-ins to make them appear again. Often they will disappear again if I leave the add-ins menu and then return again. Also lost my Wordfast toolbox icon, though I can probably get this back with a re-install; but maybe the problems are related?

System info: Vista (problem also occurred with XP), Office 2007, Wordfast 5.5.

Many thanks,

Olly Pekelharing

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-11 12:48 GMT]
Collapse

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
PB command May 12, 2009

Hallo Olly,

Have you tried to enable
KeepTemplate=All
in Pandora's box?

Regards,
Gerard

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Keeptemplate=All did the trick May 12, 2009

Hi Gerard,

Thanks very much! I had KeepTemplate activated which didn't help, but by adding '=All' the problem has been solved.

This will save me a lot of frustration!

Olly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

When I open Wordfast my Oxford spelling checker and dictionary buttons all disappear

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »