How can I stop Wordfast from writing into my TM??
Thread poster: myska

myska
Local time: 04:07
Spanish to English
+ ...
May 14, 2009

Hello,

please, could anybody advice me on whether there is any way to stop Wordfast writing segments into my TM while I am translating. I need to evaluate the matching algoritm for an essay I am working on. I am testing in using my TM on two files for the assignment. As such, I only need to see what matches and what glossary entries it proposes. I am thus moving from one segment to another pretty fast without editing the proposed translations. Unfortunately Wordfast views such target segments as validated and writes them immediately into my TM, which is the last thing I want. I've tried to search for how I could undo this (stop to write the segments in my TM) - surely there must be such an option but where?????

I don't have much time to do this evaluation and this silly thing WF does seems like a huge impediment. The last thing I want is to mess up my TM which I would then need to use for the other file and submit with the assignment. I do not want any new segments to be written into it!

Please, please....could you please advice me on how I could stop WF writing in my TM????

Thank you so much!!!!!

Myska

NMR (X)
France
Local time: 05:07
French to Dutch
+ ...
Maybe... May 14, 2009

By not typing a translation into the target segment. Just close it with Alt +End. If a translation is popping up, erase it before closing the translated segment. You'll get a message: Target segment empty. Close segment and end translation?

Maybe there are more sophisticated ways, but this is the one I use if I don't want WF to store a translation.

Mary Georgina Hardinge  Identity Verified
Spain
BTM May 14, 2009

Set your TM as the background translation memory, create a new TM just for this job.
Hope that works
Gina

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
MemoryMode or ProvisionalSegment May 14, 2009

Hi Gina,

You can either toggle MemoryMode with Shift+Alt+M or go to the next segment by marking the current segment as provisional with F10.

Regards,
Gerard

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I stop Wordfast from writing into my TM??

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search