Where the heck is Wordfast saving my projects?
Thread poster: jilln

jilln  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:28
May 15, 2009

I have the trial version of WF Pro. I am trying to learn the basics of it.

I use Mac OS X.

I am trying to create my first local TM, and it is asking me to find the spot where it saved my project.

Problem is, it saved the project somewhere I can't find it. The path is:

Users/jnielsen/.wf_workspace/Test Project

I found a Users folder on my hard drive, with jnielsen under it, but from that point there is no ".wf_workspace".

I also cannot find a place to change where it saves projects. When I click on "Preferences" nothing happens - perhaps this is because it's a trial version. But it seems like Wordfast chooses where to open projects and I have no say in the matter.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 06:28
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Go figure... May 16, 2009

Go figure where the 'heck' it is… But hey, that's just a drawback you have to bear for the sake of all the greatness the Eclipse platform brought to Wordfast. Hurray!

(Eclipse is such a failure... Every program I have that is based on it is slow.)

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where the heck is Wordfast saving my projects?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search