Where the heck is Wordfast saving my projects?
Thread poster: jilln

jilln  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:37
May 15, 2009

I have the trial version of WF Pro. I am trying to learn the basics of it.

I use Mac OS X.

I am trying to create my first local TM, and it is asking me to find the spot where it saved my project.

Problem is, it saved the project somewhere I can't find it. The path is:

Users/jnielsen/.wf_workspace/Test Project

I found a Users folder on my hard drive, with jnielsen under it, but from that point there is no ".wf_workspace".

I also cannot find a place to change where it saves projects. When I click on "Preferences" nothing happens - perhaps this is because it's a trial version. But it seems like Wordfast chooses where to open projects and I have no say in the matter.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 00:37
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Go figure... May 16, 2009

Go figure where the 'heck' it is… But hey, that's just a drawback you have to bear for the sake of all the greatness the Eclipse platform brought to Wordfast. Hurray!

(Eclipse is such a failure... Every program I have that is based on it is slow.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where the heck is Wordfast saving my projects?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search