Where the heck is Wordfast saving my projects?
Thread poster: jilln

jilln  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:13
May 15, 2009

I have the trial version of WF Pro. I am trying to learn the basics of it.

I use Mac OS X.

I am trying to create my first local TM, and it is asking me to find the spot where it saved my project.

Problem is, it saved the project somewhere I can't find it. The path is:

Users/jnielsen/.wf_workspace/Test Project

I found a Users folder on my hard drive, with jnielsen under it, but from that point there is no ".wf_workspace".

I also cannot find a place to change where it saves projects. When I click on "Preferences" nothing happens - perhaps this is because it's a trial version. But it seems like Wordfast chooses where to open projects and I have no say in the matter.

Can someone help?

Thanks.

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 10:13
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Go figure... May 16, 2009

Go figure where the 'heck' it is… But hey, that's just a drawback you have to bear for the sake of all the greatness the Eclipse platform brought to Wordfast. Hurray!

(Eclipse is such a failure... Every program I have that is based on it is slow.)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where the heck is Wordfast saving my projects?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search