Segmentation with Wordfast Pro (newest version) - help needed
Thread poster: Roy Williams

Roy Williams  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 00:48
Member (2011)
German to English
May 18, 2009

I also have a Wf question regarding the new version (demo). I decided to test it with an Indesign file and so far I like it. There's just one problem I'm having at the moment, and that's the segmentation. I can't seem to find an option to limit the segmentation with punctuation. Right now Wf pro is segmenting entire paragraphs, I prefer single-sentences TUs that I can extanded as desired like in Wf classic. Does anyone know how this is done?

Thanks

Roy

[Edited at 2009-05-18 05:30 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-18 11:04 GMT]

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:48
Segmentation Rules May 18, 2009

Hi Roy,

If you go to Edit > Preferences > Filters and uncheck 'segmentation on break' you should get the segmentation you are looking for.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Irene Elmerot  Identity Verified
Sweden
Dutch to Swedish
+ ...
Expand/shorten segments May 18, 2009

Hi, Wilroy,
I presume you have found the plus and minus signs too, to expand or "shorten" (can't remember the correct term now, on the wrong computer) segments as well?

Roy Williams  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2011)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
plus/minus May 19, 2009

Irene Elmerot wrote:

Hi, Wilroy,
I presume you have found the plus and minus signs too, to expand or "shorten" (can't remember the correct term now, on the wrong computer) segments as well?

Yes, but I always get a dialog box that says the the segment can be shortened/expanded because they're not part of the same paragraph.

Andreas Roboz
Local time: 07:48
English to Danish
+ ...
expand segments May 19, 2009

Hi, I am also trying the demo version for Mac, and I like Wordfast, in spite of its numerous bugs!! I have a long list of wishes, but one of the most urgent is the possibility to expand (or shrink) any segments manually at any time. Also the new version automatically translates and inserts 100 % matches, with apparently no possibility to decide yourself which shall be translated and which not; i.e. if you are translating an excel file with several languages in different columns, and copy the original into the target column, and thereafter translates in wf, the original will be translated automatically too...

Andreas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segmentation with Wordfast Pro (newest version) - help needed

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search