Is there a way to modify the source text of a txml file once it is opened in Wordfast Pro?
Thread poster: K. Ganly (X)
K. Ganly (X)
K. Ganly (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:25
French to English
+ ...
May 19, 2009

Can anyone advise me if there is a way to modify the SOURCE text of a txml file once it is opened in Wordfast Pro?

I can open the file with wordfast pro and in the LH column is the source text, and in the RH column the translated text (or blank space if no translation has been provided)
If the source text needs modifying (which mine does) is there any way i can do this? I cant seem to work out how to, so any help much appreciated.

Thanks

[Subject edited b
... See more
Can anyone advise me if there is a way to modify the SOURCE text of a txml file once it is opened in Wordfast Pro?

I can open the file with wordfast pro and in the LH column is the source text, and in the RH column the translated text (or blank space if no translation has been provided)
If the source text needs modifying (which mine does) is there any way i can do this? I cant seem to work out how to, so any help much appreciated.

Thanks

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-05-19 12:50 GMT]
Collapse

Shirley Lao
Shirley Lao  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 12:25
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Refer to Wordfast Pro Online Help May 20, 2009

It is not difficult to remove the placeables in the target segments but there is no way to modify the placeables in the source segments.

You can also EXPAND SEGMENT by combining the currently selected source segment with the next segment. However, this function can be accomplished only with segments in the same paragraph. Segments that have a paragraph break between them cannot be combined.

If there is a paragraph break between the two segments that you want to combine
... See more
It is not difficult to remove the placeables in the target segments but there is no way to modify the placeables in the source segments.

You can also EXPAND SEGMENT by combining the currently selected source segment with the next segment. However, this function can be accomplished only with segments in the same paragraph. Segments that have a paragraph break between them cannot be combined.

If there is a paragraph break between the two segments that you want to combine, then you may have to create a new TXML file using the source file (e.g. in MS Word). However, if the source file is not available to you, then there is no way to modify the source segments in the TXML file.

See the TXML Editor Manual Options - Translation Memory at
http://www.wordfast.com/Wordfast_Pro/Wordfast_Pro_Help.htm
Collapse

Shirley Lao
Shirley Lao  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 12:25
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Modify the source text in the source file first May 20, 2009

If the source file is available to you, you first have to combine the two segments in the source file (e.g. in MS Word) by removing the paragraph break. In other words, you make the two separate segments into one single segment before opening this revised source file in Wordfast Pro again.

[Edited at 2009-05-20 03:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-05-20 04:08 GMT]

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 00:25
Double click on the source text May 20, 2009

It will work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there a way to modify the source text of a txml file once it is opened in Wordfast Pro?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »