WFC: length(target)
Thread poster: DZiW

DZiW
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
May 19, 2009

Hi.

As far as I exported a software piece messages to .txt and wanna localize it using WFc I would like to learn:
Is there a way to limit the length of a target segment up to the length of a source segment?

By now I found that Pandora (directly?) cannot...

TY

Daniel Grau  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
No, but there is a workaround May 20, 2009

Change to a mono-spaced font, like Courier, where all characters have the same width. Then, as the source and target segments appear one after the other, just make sure your translation does not exceed the length of the source.

You should work in Normal View (not Page View), enable Wrap to Window and use a really wide window. The idea is to minimize automatic line breaks, which would hamper your visual length-matching.

Regards,

Daniel

DZiW
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Daniel May 20, 2009

I see your point and it sound fine. Still it remains a manual procedure thus I still can go beyond the limits and make a mistake...

Also I think that I've seen some CAT with 'fixed length'-like feature, but I cannot think of the name yet. Somehow I suspected wf.

Ok, it's already something to goicon_wink.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFC: length(target)

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search