How to prevent WF from deleting glossary entries ?
Thread poster: alfredn

alfredn
Local time: 00:58
English to Polish
+ ...
May 23, 2009

Hi all,
From time to time WF deletes some entries in my glossary (or I'm doing it involuntarily by pressing some mysterious key combination).

Have you encountered the problem before ?
How to prevent WF from doing that ?

WinXP, MSO 2003, WF 5.53q

Thank you for any pointers,

alfredn

Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:58
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Can you give more information? May 24, 2009

I'm a user of WordFast but not an expert. The only way I can imagine that might happen is if it is done to replace a term pair with the same source or target term as a new one.
Can you tell us something about the conditions under which this occurs, or which terms are deleted? For example, does it only occur when you add new terms?
(Also, look at the Yahoo group for Wordfast, if you haven't done that already.)

I use WF 5.56t (recently upgraded from 5.14b) and Word 2000
Oliver

alfredn
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hard to give any specifics May 28, 2009

Honestly it's hard to add any specifics (if I knew them I would probably be able to solve the problem).

I just observed that some entries in the glossary which were working for some time (words highlighted accordingly) one of the sudden stopped to be highlighted. And when I tried to find them in glossary they were not there any more.

alfredn
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
missing glossary entries problem (continued) Jun 26, 2009

A friend of mine has just reported to me precisely this problem. Entries inserted into the Wordfast glossary are somehow deleted.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to prevent WF from deleting glossary entries ?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search