https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/136007-wordfast_pro_plus_do_i_need_it.html

Wordfast Pro Plus: Do I need it?
Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:45
Dutch to English
May 26, 2009

Hullo,

Who uses Wordfast Pro Plus? Do I (freelancer) need it? What's it got that Pro (minus Plus) hasn't?

Thanks,

Olly

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 13:45
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Definitely negative May 26, 2009

No, you definitely don't need it as a freelancer.

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
it depends May 26, 2009

Hello Olly.

First, what do you already have?
Second, what are your primary requirements?
Third, does Wordfast Pro Plus meet the requirements?

You decide

[Редактировалось 2009-05-26 13:37 GMT]

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:45
WORDFAST PRO PLUS May 27, 2009

Hi Olly,

Currently, Wordfast Pro (without Plus) allows you to batch process up to 20 files at a time. If you ever need to analyze more files than that, Wordfast Pro Plus removes the file limitation enabling unlimited batch processing. It also enables you to extract frequently occurring units that appear across several files if you often find yourself working with very repetitive files. Wordfast Pro Plus also offers a TM administration module which allows you to update and maintain
... See more
Hi Olly,

Currently, Wordfast Pro (without Plus) allows you to batch process up to 20 files at a time. If you ever need to analyze more files than that, Wordfast Pro Plus removes the file limitation enabling unlimited batch processing. It also enables you to extract frequently occurring units that appear across several files if you often find yourself working with very repetitive files. Wordfast Pro Plus also offers a TM administration module which allows you to update and maintain your TMs automatically. You can learn more here - http://www.wordfast.com/products_wordfast_pro_plus.html

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

Kristyna
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro Plus: Do I need it?

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »