Can't open Wordfast Pro
Thread poster: teddd76

teddd76
Local time: 01:08
English to French
May 29, 2009

Hi,
I downloaded WF Pro (not WF Classic which is my main CAT tool). The download was fine and it seemed to be installed. However I can't open it. I get a message that says "an error has occured". What did I do wrong? I'm running Windows Vista. Could that be the reason? I reinstalled it several times, I tried to modify the security settings to no avail. If you know the answer, thanks for sharing it. I'm starting to lose patience and I'm two steps away from binning it for good.

Maria Ramon  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:08
Dutch to English
+ ...
WF Pro forum May 29, 2009

Best thing to do is to go to the WF Pro forum, there you will find a lot of people ready to help you.

ds_4m  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Ask WF support! May 29, 2009

Simply contact the support team. They have never failed to help me yet.

Just go to wordfast.net, click on support and login with your details - there you'll find the best way to get in touch.

Their support is fabulous and the responses usually very quick.

teddd76
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
thanks anyway May 29, 2009

I was actually expecting that someone who went through the same experience would tell me he/she solved the problem but thank you for your comments.
I might try and contact the support team though I'm tempted to just keep on working with Wordfast Classic.

teddd76
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Answer Jun 3, 2009

I got an answer from the Wordfast support team. Thumbs up to them for their speedy answer. I just thought I'd share it with you.

1) Navigate to c:/users/current user/.eclipse (where user is your user name as defined on your Vista Machine)
2) Delete this folder
3) Restart WFP

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search