WF tries to translate already translated segment.
Thread poster: Ryan Saxon Montcalm

Ryan Saxon Montcalm  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:49
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
May 29, 2009

This happens very rarely: Wordfast will suddenly (regardless of where the cursor is placed) try to translate a sentence that has already been previously translated. I have to open a new document, translate the remainder then paste it back into the original document.

Has anybody else seen this? Thanks.

[Edited at 2009-05-29 17:42 GMT]

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:49
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Yes May 29, 2009

Ryan Montcalm wrote:
This happens very rarely: Wordfast will suddenly (regardless of where the cursor is placed) try to translate a sentence that has already been previously translated. I have to open a new document, translate the remainder then paste it back into the original document.

It sometimes happens to me (very regularly if the document has lots of tables). When I anticipate it, I close the previous segment using Alt+End before opening the next segment, if that next segment is likely to break. You must also learn how to fix the text yourself, so that you can continue on the same document. Select the entire broken segment, go Shift+Ctrl+Z to unformat it, then delete the tags manually and reformat the text using your format painter (next to the Copy and Paste icons).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF tries to translate already translated segment.

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search