Thread poster: Sebastián González
Sebastián González
Sebastián González
Chile
Local time: 17:25
English to Spanish
May 29, 2009

Hello!

I have a big problem with translation units on Wordfast. I have a document originally written in English, that I translated into Spanish. The problem is that now I need the original document written in English, but the file shows the English-Spanish format (original unit and translated unit).

Is there a possibility to recover the English text? I already saved the Spanish version, so I just need the English one.

I hope I explained myself pretty clear.
... See more
Hello!

I have a big problem with translation units on Wordfast. I have a document originally written in English, that I translated into Spanish. The problem is that now I need the original document written in English, but the file shows the English-Spanish format (original unit and translated unit).

Is there a possibility to recover the English text? I already saved the Spanish version, so I just need the English one.

I hope I explained myself pretty clear. If I didn't, please tell me so I can reformulate my question. Thank you very much!

Saludos. ADIOS!

Sebastián González Orellana!
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:25
French to English
ALT DEL May 29, 2009

See this recent discussion, I think it should resolve your problem.

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/135509-how_do_i_unsegment_a_file.html

... and next time remember to work on a copy of the original file

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Local time: 17:25
Can"t you find your English file in the mail? May 29, 2009

Sebastián González wrote:

Hello!

Sebastián González Orellana!

Eric Hahn (X)
Eric Hahn (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:25
French to German
+ ...
No May 30, 2009

Sebastián González wrote:

I hope I explained myself pretty clear. If I didn't, please tell me so I can reformulate my question. Thank you very much!

As far as I know, Wordfast Pro needs the original file :

- at the beginnung to create the bilingual working file (TXML file)
- to preview the document when translating
- at the end when you save the translation

That's why you should _never_ delete the original file.

[Modifié le 2009-05-30 08:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Translation Units

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »