Problem with Translation Units
Thread poster: Sebastián González

Sebastián González
Chile
Local time: 00:23
English to Spanish
May 29, 2009

Hello!

I have a big problem with translation units on Wordfast. I have a document originally written in English, that I translated into Spanish. The problem is that now I need the original document written in English, but the file shows the English-Spanish format (original unit and translated unit).

Is there a possibility to recover the English text? I already saved the Spanish version, so I just need the English one.

I hope I explained myself pretty clear. If I didn't, please tell me so I can reformulate my question. Thank you very much!

Saludos. ADIOS!

Sebastián González Orellana!

Direct link Reply with quote

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:23
French to English
ALT DEL May 29, 2009

See this recent discussion, I think it should resolve your problem.

http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/135509-how_do_i_unsegment_a_file.html

... and next time remember to work on a copy of the original file

xxxwonita
China
Local time: 00:23
Can"t you find your English file in the mail? May 29, 2009

Sebastián González wrote:

Hello!

I have a big problem with translation units on Wordfast. I have a document originally written in English, that I translated into Spanish. The problem is that now I need the original document written in English, but the file shows the English-Spanish format (original unit and translated unit).

Sebastián González Orellana!

xxxEric Hahn  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:23
French to German
+ ...
No May 30, 2009

Sebastián González wrote:
Is there a possibility to recover the English text? I already saved the Spanish version, so I just need the English one.

I hope I explained myself pretty clear. If I didn't, please tell me so I can reformulate my question. Thank you very much!

As far as I know, Wordfast Pro needs the original file :

- at the beginnung to create the bilingual working file (TXML file)
- to preview the document when translating
- at the end when you save the translation

That's why you should _never_ delete the original file.

[Modifié le 2009-05-30 08:56 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with Translation Units

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search