Wordfast Web-Based machine translation question
Thread poster: Semántica Translations
Semántica Translations
Local time: 21:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 6, 2009

Does anybody know if wordfast still supports google translate as its web-base machine translator feature? I'm running Wordfast v. 5.52b on Windows XP and have IE 7 installed, and tried to make this option work to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:59
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
asked same question based on 2 similar statements Jun 22, 2009

Samuel Navarrete wrote:

Does anybody know if wordfast still supports google translate as its web-base machine translator feature? I'm running Wordfast v. 5.52b on Windows XP and have IE 7 installed, and tried to make this option work to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks.

Samuel,

Procedure to configure MT in Wordfast in:
http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/86005-mt_with_wordfast_and_mac.html
It was in a post about Wordfast and Mac, but the procedure was about non-Mac, and asking if also applicable for Mac version.

Specific versions of Wordfast, Windows, and Word which have problems with the MT config:
see: http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/134614-mt_access_mode_in_wfc_553_and_higher.html
I've never received a reply to the questions in that post.
2 people have stated that v5.53 causes the problem on different Windows OS's and Word versions.

Contact me and I can send you more details.

Jeff

[Edited at 2009-06-22 20:50 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Web-Based machine translation question

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search