Wordfast Web-Based machine translation question
Thread poster: Semántica Translations

Semántica Translations
Local time: 08:16
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 6, 2009

Does anybody know if wordfast still supports google translate as its web-base machine translator feature? I'm running Wordfast v. 5.52b on Windows XP and have IE 7 installed, and tried to make this option work to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks.

Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:16
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
asked same question based on 2 similar statements Jun 22, 2009

Samuel Navarrete wrote:

Does anybody know if wordfast still supports google translate as its web-base machine translator feature? I'm running Wordfast v. 5.52b on Windows XP and have IE 7 installed, and tried to make this option work to no avail. Any ideas? Thanks.

Samuel,

Procedure to configure MT in Wordfast in:
http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/86005-mt_with_wordfast_and_mac.html
It was in a post about Wordfast and Mac, but the procedure was about non-Mac, and asking if also applicable for Mac version.

Specific versions of Wordfast, Windows, and Word which have problems with the MT config:
see: http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/134614-mt_access_mode_in_wfc_553_and_higher.html
I've never received a reply to the questions in that post.
2 people have stated that v5.53 causes the problem on different Windows OS's and Word versions.

Contact me and I can send you more details.

Jeff

[Edited at 2009-06-22 20:50 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Web-Based machine translation question

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search