Wordfast-Trados: how can I export already existing Wordfast TMs and save them as .tmx?
Thread poster: Lionelinho

Lionelinho
Local time: 02:41
Jun 8, 2009

Hi everybody,

I have a question concerning the compatibility between the two above mentioned Translation programmes. How can I export already existing Wordfast TMs and save them as .tmx?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Sincereley

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-06-08 15:33 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-06-08 15:34 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:41
Exporting TMs to TMX Jun 8, 2009

Hi Lionel,

To export a TM to TMX using Wordfast Pro follow these steps: in the Wordfast Pro Menu options go to Translation Memory > Local > Select the TM you wish to export in the Local TM list > click export . Then browse to the location where you wish to save the TMX file.

Using Wordfast Classic follow these steps: On Ms-Word's Wordfast toolbar, click the TM/Glossary editor button > click the Tools button > select the "Export to TMX" special filter to create a TMX export of your current TM.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Lionelinho
Local time: 02:41
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again Jun 9, 2009

Hi Kristyna,

this answer looks familiar to me, just as the question might to you:-)

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast-Trados: how can I export already existing Wordfast TMs and save them as .tmx?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search