https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/137017-wordfast_trados_how_can_i_export_already_existing_wordfast_tms_and_save_them_as_tmx.html

Wordfast-Trados: how can I export already existing Wordfast TMs and save them as .tmx?
Thread poster: Lionelinho
Lionelinho
Lionelinho
Local time: 12:14
Jun 8, 2009

Hi everybody,

I have a question concerning the compatibility between the two above mentioned Translation programmes. How can I export already existing Wordfast TMs and save them as .tmx?

Thanks a lot for the help.

Sincereley

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-06-08 15:33 GMT]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-06-08 15:34 GMT]

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:14
Exporting TMs to TMX Jun 8, 2009

Hi Lionel,

To export a TM to TMX using Wordfast Pro follow these steps: in the Wordfast Pro Menu options go to Translation Memory > Local > Select the TM you wish to export in the Local TM list > click export . Then browse to the location where you wish to save the TMX file.

Using Wordfast Classic follow these steps: On Ms-Word's Wordfast toolbar, click the TM/Glossary editor button > click the Tools button > select the "Export to TMX" special filter to create a TMX e
... See more
Hi Lionel,

To export a TM to TMX using Wordfast Pro follow these steps: in the Wordfast Pro Menu options go to Translation Memory > Local > Select the TM you wish to export in the Local TM list > click export . Then browse to the location where you wish to save the TMX file.

Using Wordfast Classic follow these steps: On Ms-Word's Wordfast toolbar, click the TM/Glossary editor button > click the Tools button > select the "Export to TMX" special filter to create a TMX export of your current TM.

Sincerely,

Kristyna
Collapse

Lionelinho
Lionelinho
Local time: 12:14
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again Jun 9, 2009

Hi Kristyna,

this answer looks familiar to me, just as the question might to you:-)

Thanks again for your help. I appreciate it.

Regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast-Trados: how can I export already existing Wordfast TMs and save them as .tmx?

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »