How can I prevent new documents opening for each new concordance search?
Thread poster: Olly Pekelharing

Olly Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:24
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
Jun 19, 2009

Is there a way (maybe in the PB?) to prevent new documents opening for each new concordance search? I would much prefer to have just one "concordance document" open that would refresh every time I do a new search, instead of having to close each document after each search.

Thanks for your help!

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2009-06-19 14:38 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Elisabeth Toda-v.Galen  Identity Verified
France
Dutch to French
+ ...
As far as I know, no.... Jun 20, 2009

Olly Pekelharing wrote:

Is there a way (maybe in the PB?) to prevent new documents opening for each new concordance search? I would much prefer to have just one "concordance document" open that would refresh every time I do a new search, instead of having to close each document after each search.

Hi Olly

As far as I know, you can't. However, you can activate "close context after copy" in PB. This way, the opening and closing of the context document will be completely automated...

Elisabeth

P.S. Sorry, it's ContextCloseAfterCopy...

[Modifié le 2009-06-20 09:26 GMT]

Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
ConcordanceCloseAfterCopy Jun 20, 2009

Thanks Elisabeth,

I have ConcordanceCloseAfterCopy activated, which only auto closes if you copy the target to your text, but I can't find ContextCloseAfterCopy....

Olly

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Just use Ctrl+F4 or Ctrl+W Jun 20, 2009

Olly Pekelharing wrote:
Is there a way (maybe in the PB?) to prevent new documents opening for each new concordance search?

Not as far as I know. But you can always use Ctrl+F4 to close it yourself. And remember, you can switch between windows using Alt+Tab.

Some people's task bar is one row high -- try increasing it to two or three rows, so you can fit more tabs on the task bar. You may need to "unlock" the taskbar first, and then resize it like you would resize any window, and then relock it.

Some people use the new feature to group similar windows on the taskbar -- try deactivating that feature, so that it is easier to see which windows are concordance windows and which are not (I'm not sure how that is done, though).

Netherlands
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
closing concordance windows Jun 20, 2009

Thanks,

I must admit, I often 'forget' to use fast keys. It is certainly far more efficient.

Olly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search