Is it possible to translate a document in revision mode using WordFast
Thread poster: Sophie Gesbert

Sophie Gesbert  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:31
English to French
Jun 19, 2009

I did a translation for a customer. This customer has now updated his source document, and sent it to me in revision mode, and he asks me to update my initial translation in revision mode too.
I didn't know how to do that with WordFast so I did it the old way.
As this may happen to me in the future, I would like to know if this could be done with WordFast ? and how ?
Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:31
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Yes, but the client is asking much Jun 19, 2009

Sophie Gesbert wrote:
I did a translation for a customer. This customer has now updated his source document, and sent it to me in revision mode, and he asks me to update my initial translation in revision mode too.

Yes you can, but you have to close segments using Alt+End instread of Alt+down, and you have to switch revision mode on and off before opening a segment. On later versions of MS Word there is a button on the toolbar for enabling/disabling revision mode. So you're going to have to use your mouse too -- for clicking that button every time you want to disable revision mode.

The customer doesn't realise that he is asking you to do a lot of clicking and button pressing -- your translation speed will effectively drop by a large margin.

Wordfast will not allow you to clean up the translation in revision mode, but that's the client's worry. Keep making copies and backup copies after every page, in case you press the wrong combination of keys and end up messing up the entire file.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to translate a document in revision mode using WordFast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search