How to convert wordfast TM to tmx in wordfast 5.53q?
Thread poster: Lucia Vargas

Lucia Vargas  Identity Verified
Tunisia
Local time: 08:09
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
Jun 22, 2009

Hello,

I want to open wordfast TM's in Across, and through these forums I learned I can export the txt file into tmx format and thus open it in Across, but, I cannot find how to export it?

I even read the wordfast user's manual and It clearly says "in wordfast, click the export button..." But I can't find the export button!

Any help?

The version of wordfast is 5.53q. I'm using it in demo mode, is this perhaps the reason why I can't?

Direct link Reply with quote

Adrien Esparron
Local time: 09:09
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
Very simple Jun 22, 2009

With your TM activated (even with an empty MS Word doc), just open the TM editor, then Tools, Special Filters, and Export as TMX.

Nothing else,

Regards,

Adrien

Lucia Vargas  Identity Verified
Tunisia
Local time: 08:09
Member (2011)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jun 22, 2009

It worked just as you said, thanks!

David Young  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 09:09
Danish to English
Some years later .... Jan 17, 2011

I am in the process of moving from Wordfast to OmegaT, so this information has been a god-send. It doesn't happen totally smoothly - I need to do a bit of editing of the exported tmx files for OmegaT to accept them - but this has helped me enormously.
A million thanks.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert wordfast TM to tmx in wordfast 5.53q?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search