quick question about wordfast tm format
Thread poster: Cameron Fordyce

Cameron Fordyce
Italy
Local time: 16:50
Italian to English
Jun 29, 2009

Hi,

I am new to Wordfast and am wondering about the format of the tm that it produces. In particular, I am interested in the beginning of the line as in the following examples.

20090629~001930 CCF 0 IT-IT EN-GB
xx090629~001937

It is clear to me that the first group of number refers to the date. The second group refers to what exactly? The time? The line in the translated document?

Also, as you can see from the second line, xx is used. Does this mean that this line was deleted or not used in the document being translated? When I export the tm to tmx, are these lines not output?

Any help would be appreciated.

ciao,

Cameron

John Jory  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Jun 29, 2009

[Edited at 2009-06-29 15:32 GMT]

John Jory  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2004)
English to German
+ ...
Numbers Jun 29, 2009

Hi Cameron.

the first number is the date, the second one is the time, and lines beginning with 'xx' have been deleted, because you changed/corrected them during translation. The corresponding new lines are usually found at the end of the TM.
I usually go through the TM after finishing a project, and delete the 'xx' lines so that the TM doesn't contain too much junk.

AFAIK, the junk is not exported.

HTH John

[Edited at 2009-06-29 15:31 GMT]

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Repair and compact filter Jun 29, 2009

Hi!

You can also use the repair and compact filter in the special filters dropdown menu of the data editor to delete these "deleted" entries.

Best,

John

Cameron Fordyce
Italy
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Jun 29, 2009

Thanks to you both.

Cam

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

quick question about wordfast tm format

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search