Thread poster: Djamila Vilcsko
Djamila Vilcsko
Djamila Vilcsko  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:01
English to German
Jun 29, 2009

Hello,

As I had various software problems I had to reinstall Windows XP and all my other software. I wanted to install Wordfast Classic but all of a sudden it doesn't work any more! I have tried several versions and I always get the message that the installation was successful (and I see the little blue-green icon in the toolbars) but the moment I open a document, the Wordfast tool disappears and also doesn't show up in the list of toolbars.
I have just installed Trados 2009
... See more
Hello,

As I had various software problems I had to reinstall Windows XP and all my other software. I wanted to install Wordfast Classic but all of a sudden it doesn't work any more! I have tried several versions and I always get the message that the installation was successful (and I see the little blue-green icon in the toolbars) but the moment I open a document, the Wordfast tool disappears and also doesn't show up in the list of toolbars.
I have just installed Trados 2009 (had 2007 up to now) and all of a sudden I have Trados icons MS Word (never notice that before) - could it be that Trados and Wordfast cancel each other out? Or any other reasons? I really need to finish a project that I started in Wordfast so any help will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Djamila
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 17:01
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Only one at a time Jun 29, 2009

You must deselect Trados to make Wf visible. Try first to Add Wordfast.dot at tools > templates and add-ins.
Regards
Heinrich

Djamila Vilcsko
Djamila Vilcsko  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:01
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 30, 2009

Thanks for the fast response, Heinrich, it works beautifully now!

Djamila

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to install Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »