Frances Leggett
Frances Leggett  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:20
Italian to English
+ ...
Jul 2, 2009

Hi All

Do any experienced Wordfast users know if it is possible to export a Wordfast TM from the Wordfast Classic add-on to Word? I know how to do it from the Pro version, but I can't seem to find in Word how to export the TM.

Can anyone give me any indications?

Kristyna Marrero
Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:20
Exporting to TMX in Wordfast Classic Jul 2, 2009

Hi Frances,

Yes, it is possible. Follow these steps: On Ms-Word's Wordfast toolbar, click the TM/Glossary editor button > click the Tools button > select the "Export to TMX" special filter to create a TMX export of your current TM.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Frances Leggett
Frances Leggett  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works! Changing new TM language codes? Jul 2, 2009

Thanks so much for your advice.

I don't suppose you have any idea how to change the language codes as I put the wrong ones in when I started the new TM. Now I can't figure out how to change them

John Di Rico
John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:20
Member (2006)
French to English
Find and replacebefore exporting Jul 3, 2009

Frances Leggett wrote:

Thanks so much for your advice.

I don't suppose you have any idea how to change the language codes as I put the wrong ones in when I started the new TM. Now I can't figure out how to change them

Hi Frances,

You can open the WF memory with Word and run a simple find and replace to change the language codes...

Best,

John

Natasha Dupuy
Natasha Dupuy  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Same procedure for WF 5.5? Dec 9, 2009

Hi,

I'm about to finish a job for which the client has asked me to provide a TM in the TMX format.
I have gone through the forum posts, but none of the instructions seem relevant to me.
Am I being dopey?

I am running Wordfast 5.53 and this is what I am doing:

- I open a blank document in Word and the active TM is the one I will want to export tomorrow (the document is not finalised yet, so it won't be cleaned until tomorrow).

- I cl
... See more
Hi,

I'm about to finish a job for which the client has asked me to provide a TM in the TMX format.
I have gone through the forum posts, but none of the instructions seem relevant to me.
Am I being dopey?

I am running Wordfast 5.53 and this is what I am doing:

- I open a blank document in Word and the active TM is the one I will want to export tomorrow (the document is not finalised yet, so it won't be cleaned until tomorrow).

- I click on the 'TM Editor' icon and a box appears showing my source and target texts and about 5 tabs along the top. There is a 'tools' button in the right-hand corner

- I click on the 'tools' button and, if I am to believe the instructions I have found, I should see an option to Export TM
... but I don't. I see options to Filter, Sort, Replace
2 text boxes : one for typing a filter and the other for special filters
2 dropdown menus: the first begins with source text and ends with attribute 5, but no option to Export
the second starts with < and ends with like, and again no option for Export.

What am I missing here?

Cheers
Collapse

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
3rd drop down menu Dec 9, 2009

Hi Natasha,

It's in the 3rd, drop down menu at the very bottom called special filters, it looks like it's greyed out but if you click the arrow a whole range of choices will appear, the export to TMX option is near the middle of the list.

If for some reason you still have t
... See more
Hi Natasha,

It's in the 3rd, drop down menu at the very bottom called special filters, it looks like it's greyed out but if you click the arrow a whole range of choices will appear, the export to TMX option is near the middle of the list.

If for some reason you still have trouble, please other options here:
http://www.proz.com/prozwiki/en:Wordfast_how_to_convert_a_WF_TM_to_TMX
Collapse

Natasha Dupuy
Natasha Dupuy  Identity Verified
France
French to English
The penny drops Dec 9, 2009

Lori Cirefice wrote:

It's in the 3rd, drop down menu at the very bottom called special filters

Hi Lori,

I see it now, thank you so much!
I'll give it a go tomorrow and hopefully it will all go smoothly and according to plan. Fingers crossed!

Giang Ha159
Giang Ha159
Vietnam
English to Vietnamese
Problem with: Merge current with other TMs (TXT or TMX) Oct 12, 2013

I encounter problem in exporting TM, I performed steps:
1. Select TM
2. Edit-> OK, click "Tool"-> " Merge current with other TMs (TXT or TMX)-> OK
but the file cann't open or find
I don't understand the exact reason why I can't open it
I am known that, in the "encode" item, TM only can save under UNICOde or UTF8 kinds, but in my computer, it doesn't have this part. I am wondering if this is the cause.

Oliver Walter
Oliver Walter  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TMs: ANSI and UTF-8 and editing TMs Oct 12, 2013

The information in the following topic (from April 2013) may be relevant in this context:
http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/246572-wordfast_tms_in_ansi_or_unicode_and_desktop_search.html
TMs in the WordFast text format are easy to merge and split; just use a text editor that can handle a text file of the require
... See more
The information in the following topic (from April 2013) may be relevant in this context:
http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/246572-wordfast_tms_in_ansi_or_unicode_and_desktop_search.html
TMs in the WordFast text format are easy to merge and split; just use a text editor that can handle a text file of the required size (I usually use Notepad++). A WordFast text TM contains a special first line and all the remaining lines are of a similar format, one line per Translation Unit (TU), with various tab-separated fields (date/time, user, re-uses, source, target etc.). So you can use the text editor to delete whole lines (after the first) and/or add whole lines from another TM.

After you've done this (preferably using copies and not deleting the original TMs until you're sure the new one is OK and you no longer want the old one), use Wordfast itself to select and then reorganise the new TM, and it will rewrite the first line, including the correct count of TUs.

Oliver
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting Wordfast TM from Wordfast Classic

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »