Wordfast and Excel
Thread poster: wiltom
wiltom
France
Local time: 04:12
French to English
Jul 4, 2009

Hello,

I am working on an excel file that has pie-charts generated from the tables that I am translating. I had no problem translating the file in Wordfast but when I saved the translated file and then opened it in Excel the pie-charts or any of the charts generated from the tables data are not showing!

Does anyone have a solution for my little problem?

Thankyou

Direct link Reply with quote

Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 21:12
Spanish to English
Is that your responsability? Jul 5, 2009

I'm sorry, I don't mean to be unhelpful but personally I consider myself a translator, not a software expert. I still prefer, when possible, to respect the format, but when taht is not possible I copy the terminology or phrases in the source language and put the translation in the target language beside them.

I speak as one who has had this problem and been defeated by it. I did wonder, if one knew how to create this pie charts in the first place (and I don't think it is very difficult for thems that know), that might be the solution.

wiltom
France
Local time: 04:12
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Is that your responsability? Jul 5, 2009

Hello,

Thanks for your reply Lesley and I do understand what you mean! If I have text to translate that is embedded in an image then I do as you stated by putting the translation in the target language next to the image.

I was wondering if this was a WordFast problem. If I translate the file directly in Excel than there is no problem updating the pie-charts. I do know how to create the pie-charts but I haven't been able to do so from the WF translated file. This is quite annoying as it is quite a large file with a quite a lot of repetition which Excel won't pick up on and then I have another Powerpoint file that contains an awful lot of the text contained in the excel file as well.

Are there any WF experts that would be able to help me with dilemma of the day?

Thanky

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast and Excel

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search