Thread poster: Martina Chalupova

Martina Chalupova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:35
Member (2009)
English to Czech
+ ...
Jul 24, 2009

I´m having a hard time starting a translation as the TM seems to be a mess. I originally had a tmw TM from the client and since I only work in Wordfast, I had my colleague export it into tmx. This was a problem because when opening this TM there was an error message about a matrix problem.

I solved this problem based on advice on this forum and my colleague was able to reorganize the TM in Workbench and export it into tmx. However, neither of the TMs work. When I try to open a segment of the text file with Wordfast, it says that the TM "was perhaps processed with an unlicensed version..." and that I should reorganize it. When I do so, the problem remains. I only have a free trial Wordfast because I´m new to freelancing and still saving up for the licence.

Is there anyone able to help me? I need to figure out if the problem is on my side or the client´s side. Could maybe someone with a valid licence try the TM to make sure it´s not (or it is) a problem of my Wordfast?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Direct link Reply with quote

Christel Zipfel  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to German
+ ...
Just an idea Jul 24, 2009

Maybe the TM is too big for your trial version? As far as I know, the number of segments to be processed by trial versions is limited (I think about 500 TUs).

Martina Chalupova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 04:35
Member (2009)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You´re right Jul 24, 2009

Christel, thank you! This is definitely the problem. Thanks for pointing this out, I haven´t thought of this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent problem with reorganizing tmx TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search