Adding new segments to a TM while translating
Thread poster: Silvina Camperi

Silvina Camperi  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 27, 2009

I am new to Wordfast Pro. I am using the Demo Mode. I was sent a local TM to work on a project and I translated two Word files but I can't see the segments I translated in the TM. I tried translating another file with a new TM created by me and the new segments were added. But that didn't happen with the TM I was sent for the project, although I closed each edited segment with "alt+down arrow" (it is supposed that by closing segments that way the TM is updated). Could someone tell me how to configure a TM to write new segments on it? Thanks.

Direct link Reply with quote

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:49
Adding new Segments to a TM Jul 30, 2009

Hi Silvina,

You mentioned that you are running in demo mode. There is a 500 TU limitation when working with Wordfast Pro in demo mode, which means after 500 TUs are stored the TM, Wordfast will no longer add segments to the TM. It's likely that the local TM that you were sent contains more than 500 TUS which is why you are unable to add segments to the TM.

To remove the restriction, you can purchase a Wordfast license here - http://www.wordfast.net/?whichpage=buy

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Silvina Camperi  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 30, 2009

Thank you for your help Kristyna! I think you are exactly right! I remember that when I opened the TM there was a message saying that only 500 TUs would be uploaded when using the Demo Mode. Thank you so much!

Silvina

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding new segments to a TM while translating

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search