Thread poster: sarahjeanne (X)
sarahjeanne (X)
sarahjeanne (X)
Brazil
Local time: 12:34
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jul 29, 2009

OK, I looked through the forum and didn't see anything so if there is already information on this, sorry to ask again.

Anyway, I recently had to install office 2007 when my computer crashed and, as I'm sure most of the free world already knows, it's kind of hard to get used to, to put it nicely. I have always translated excels using wordfast and there was never any problem but now it seems that every time I try to translate the excel 2007 through word 2007 it tells me that:
... See more
OK, I looked through the forum and didn't see anything so if there is already information on this, sorry to ask again.

Anyway, I recently had to install office 2007 when my computer crashed and, as I'm sure most of the free world already knows, it's kind of hard to get used to, to put it nicely. I have always translated excels using wordfast and there was never any problem but now it seems that every time I try to translate the excel 2007 through word 2007 it tells me that:

The current excel cell is apparently locked. End session (Alt+Delete), unlock the entire work sheet, start again.

WHAT THE HELL!!!! This happened before when I was translating an excel and I just figured that the person had placed some kind of password on it but this time I was suspicious so I checked and it has "unrestricted access" under the "Restrict access" item (my office is in Portuguese so maybe that's not exactly what it says in the English version).

Next I thought, aha! Wordfast must not be activated in the visual basic project and/or there is a problem with the macros security. I checked and the macros are set on "Disable macros with notification" (I was not notified) and the "trust Visual Basic" wasn't checked so I checked. This did not solve the problem hence I'm kindly asking, neigh begging you, my fellow translators to help me to solve this problem because this file is big and I really don't want to go through and translate it cell for cell.

Thanks in advance for any help, suggestions or advice you may have.

(PS I haven't even tried powerpoint yet but I hope that the same thing doesn't happen)
Collapse

sarahjeanne (X)
sarahjeanne (X)
Brazil
Local time: 12:34
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
nevermind, i found the answer Jul 29, 2009

http://www.technipages.com/excel-2007-lockunlock-cells.html

I had been searching google for unlock excel when I should have been searching for unlock cells. Duh!

gcpradhan1
gcpradhan1
India
Japanese to English
+ ...
Same problem here with MS Office 2003 Aug 6, 2009

Hi All,

I am facing same problem as mentioned above with MS Excel 2003. In fact I Unlocked the worksheet as mentioned in the above link, but after that now WordFast is not throwing the Error message, but it translate the first sentence and then MS Word hangs.

Can anybody help me out?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance !

Warm Regards
Gouranga

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

excel 2007 with wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »