Thread poster: Gouranga Charan Pradhan

Gouranga Charan Pradhan  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 06:13
Japanese to English
+ ...
Aug 6, 2009

Hi All,

I am trying to translate an MS Excel file by opening a MS Word document side by side by using WordFast Classic Ver 5. However, when I translate on the Word document with Alt + Down Key, I am getting the following error !

[The current Excel is apparently locked. End session (Alt+Delete)., unlock the entire worksheet, start again.]

Can any body help me to resolve this issue.

Many thanks in advance.

Warm Regards
Gouranga

Direct link Reply with quote

QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
Unprotect worksheet Aug 6, 2009

It means the worksheet is protected.

In Excel, click Tools->Protection->Unprotect sheet

It should work now.

gcpradhan1 wrote:

Hi All,

I am trying to translate an MS Excel file by opening a MS Word document side by side by using WordFast Classic Ver 5. However, when I translate on the Word document with Alt + Down Key, I am getting the following error !

[The current Excel is apparently locked. End session (Alt+Delete)., unlock the entire worksheet, start again.]

Can any body help me to resolve this issue.

Many thanks in advance.

Warm Regards
Gouranga

India
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still problem is there Aug 6, 2009

I unprotected the sheet from Protection and also by selecting the cells and then right click -> format cells -> Protection -> Unlock. But WordFast is now hanging and not moving to next segment.

Is there any way out.

QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
check PB setting Aug 6, 2009

How is "Exce_ByColumns" set in your PB? Does your WF behave normally when you use Word only? Isolate a few possible causes to see what upsets WF.

gcpradhan1 wrote:

I unprotected the sheet from Protection and also by selecting the cells and then right click -> format cells -> Protection -> Unlock. But WordFast is now hanging and not moving to next segment.

Is there any way out.

India
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My PB filed is blank. Nothing is set and the [Enable PB] check box is unchecked. Aug 6, 2009

words@large wrote:

How is "Exce_ByColumns" set in your PB? Does your WF behave normally when you use Word only? Isolate a few possible causes to see what upsets WF.

gcpradhan1 wrote:

Is there any way out.

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am using WF in MS Word regularly without any problem There is no problem with Power Point as well.

My PB filed is blank. Nothing is set and the [Enable PB] check box is unchecked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error while translating Excel file through WordFast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search