Maintaining font in target text
Thread poster: kpi

kpi  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:20
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
Aug 11, 2009

I recently installed Wordfast Classic on my new laptop, which uses Vista as OS (I had Windows XP before). I am having a couple of problems:

1) The font is not maintained in the source text (so my cleaned up version is different than the source text and I have to "select all" and change the font every time.

2) When I do a spell check, it checks both the source text and the target text, which takes forever. Before it just checked the first word of each segment of the source text, not every single word.

Can somebody tell me if there are certain settings that I have to put in place? It was never an issue before, and I had installed Wordfast on many different laptops.

Thanks for your help!
Kay

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Font problems Aug 12, 2009

Hi Kay,

I have experienced the font problem, but only on particular files, not all the time.

See this thread http://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/118780-target_segment_doesnt_retain_source_formatting.html

You don't mention which version of WFC you are using, it might help to upgrade/downgrade if you're having this problem all the time.

kpi  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Lori! Aug 12, 2009

I just looked and I actually have Wordfast version 5.60k installed.
In the target segment, rather than a particular font, I just see the number 2.
Thanks for your input. I will let you know if I figure it out.
Kay

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Maintaining font in target text

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search