Glossary box in Word 2007 too small for 3 glossaries
Thread poster: Anne Koth

Anne Koth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 01:16
Member (Feb 2018)
German to English
Aug 19, 2009

I realise that the new Word has caused a few problems for Wordfast, but wondered if there was any way to deal with this one. The box attached to the floating toolbar, displaying the three glossaries, is too small, so I can only see the first two glossaries. Is there any way I can make it bigger?

Also, when I click on the "glossary" icon in the floating toolbar, it starts a concordance search. Instead, I have to click on the "concordance" icon, which searches the glossary... The icons in the "add-ins" section in the annoying Word ribbon work as usual.

I have Vista, Word 2007, Wordfast 5.61f.

B D Finch  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Try this: Aug 22, 2009

Probably the reason why only two glossaries are showing is that you revealed the glossaries in the toolbar by highlighting a term that was only in those two glossaries. Try highlighting a word that you know is in all your glossaries, or that you know is in the one that is not displayed and then CTRL+ALT+G.

Anne Koth  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (Feb 2018)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
screen settings? Aug 22, 2009

B D Finch wrote:
Try highlighting a word that you know is in all your glossaries, or that you know is in the one that is not displayed and then CTRL+ALT+G.

I put one word in all the glossaries, but cann still only see the top two. If I move the glossaries round (moving Glossary 1 to Glossary 3, for example) just the top two are still shown.
Here's a picture: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sDAR_IFvfM
Am now wondering if it could be my screen settings; is that even possible?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Glossary box in Word 2007 too small for 3 glossaries

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search