New Wordfast Pro Version 2.2.1 Available Now
Thread poster: Kristyna Marrero

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:58
Aug 24, 2009

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that Wordfast Pro v. 2.2.1 for Windows is now available for download on our website here - www.wordfast.com/store_download.html . (Mac and Linux versions are coming soon.)

Some new features of version 2.2.1 include:
Glossary Stemming (Wildcard searches using *)
Translator Notes Feature
Word 2007 and Excel 2007 Filters
Enable/disable Autopropogation
Pre-translate entire file

Existing Wordfast Classic license holders can download and license Wordfast Pro for free. For instructions, click here – www.wordfast.com/support_relicensewfp.html

Sincerely,

Kristyna Marrero
Director of Sales & Marketing
Wordfast LLC

Direct link Reply with quote

United States
TOPIC STARTER
Update Patch available for Windows Sep 1, 2009

Hi everyone -

We have an update patch, Version 2.2.2 for windows available now. It has the following fixes -

- support for es-LA projects

- PM plugin analysis issue resolved

If you already downloaded version 2.2.1 you can you can download the update by opening WF and clicking Help -> Update. Check off the updates and begin downloading. You must restart after the patch is downloaded.

If you have not downloaded version 2.2.1, you can download the complete, updated version 2.2.2 from our website here - www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

Mac and Linux will be up soon.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Tommaso Benzi  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
Local time: 22:58
English to Italian
+ ...
Save Failed Sep 3, 2009

Hi Kristyna,
I have updated Wfast to 2.2.2 and now every time I try to save a file I get the following error message:

Save Failed
org.gs4tr.foundation.txml.model.TxmlSegment.setNote(Ljava/lang/String;)V

What's the problem?
Many thanks,

Tommaso

United States
TOPIC STARTER
What version were you running? Sep 3, 2009

Hi Tommaso,

What version of Wordfast were you running when you updated to 2.2.2? And what is your OS?

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Tommaso Benzi  Identity Verified
Dominican Republic
Local time: 22:58
English to Italian
+ ...
Version 2.2.0.4 Sep 4, 2009

Hi Krystina,
I was using version 2.2.0.4 on Linux Ubuntu, and it's very strange that the software was updated to version 2.2.2 as it looks like the Linux version is not available yet.

Sandrine Rizzo  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:58
Spanish to French
+ ...
Wordfast Pro and Classic at the same time ? Sep 4, 2009

Hi Kristina,

Thank you for the information, I thought that Wordfast Pro was a different software than the Classic one.

Is it possible to run both wordfast pro and wordfast classic on the same computer ?
It would enable me to use wordfast classic until I get more acquainted with Wordfast Pro (slow transition) ?

Many thanks !
Sandrine

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 03:58
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
How? Sep 4, 2009

Kristyna Marrero wrote:
... Pre-translate entire file

How? I can see the option to autotranslate 100% matches, but can I also autotranslate an entire file with source=target?

United States
TOPIC STARTER
WFP and WFC can run on the same machine Sep 4, 2009

Sandrine Rizzo wrote:

Is it possible to run both wordfast pro and wordfast classic on the same computer ?
It would enable me to use wordfast classic until I get more acquainted with Wordfast Pro (slow transition) ?

Yes, both programs can be installed and licensed on the same machine and you can use them interchangably without a problem.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

United States
TOPIC STARTER
Translate All Sep 4, 2009

[quote]Samuel Murray wrote:

Kristyna Marrero wrote:
... Pre-translate entire file

Hi Samuel,

You can use the 'Translate All' button (Ctrl + Alt + End).

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Bree Salmon  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 11:58
Japanese to English
Unable to get Wordfast 2.2.2 installed with Word 2007 Sep 8, 2009

Hi, everyone. This is my first post here at ProZ.com and I'm pretty new to the whole translation business (and an absolute newbie with respect to Wordfast).

First of all, I am running Windows 7 RC1 and have very modern system. I ran the installer for Wordfast 2.2.2 and everything installed fine. I then went into Word 2007 and enabled VBA scripting or whatever and enabled all macros.

However, running the Wordfast software at the same time as Word does nothing. I tried checking out the add-ins option within Word but there's no mention of Wordfast in there at all. What is the step in the process that I am missing?

I really appreciate any help anyone would be kind enough to offer.

United States
TOPIC STARTER
Wordfast Classic or Wordfast Pro Sep 8, 2009

Hi Riney,

Are you trying to install Wordfast Classic or Wordfast Pro? Wordfast Classic is our MS Word based tool, which would require you to enable macros inside of Word 2007. Wordfast Pro is our standalone tool that launches outside of any other program. Is it possible that you are following the instructions to install Wordfast Classic but actually installing Wordfast Pro?

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Bree Salmon  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 11:58
Japanese to English
User error Sep 8, 2009

Kristyna,

I was indeed trying to install the Pro version using the Classic directions(!). Installation couldn't have been easier when I was actually doing what I was supposed to be doing. Very glad everything is working now.

I really appreciate the help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New Wordfast Pro Version 2.2.1 Available Now

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search