Thread poster: Vladislav Badalov

Vladislav Badalov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:36
Russian to English
+ ...
Sep 1, 2009

Dear all,

I have a situation with my Wordfast Classic 5.53q. Recently, my computer had a problem with viruses/malware that damaged some drivers. I had to restore my Windows XP home, which went smoothly. Then I updated it. Now everything works fine, and even faster than before, except three WF shortcuts that are now disabled: Next placeable, Previous placeable and Copy placeable. (All of them use the Ctrl+Alt combination.) Other regularly used shortcuts, such as Alt+End, Alt+DownArrow, Alt+Del, etc., work fine. The problem is that the faulty shortcuts cannot be reassigned as such in the Tools/Commands/Keyboard section. Actually, no new shortcut can be assigned with the Ctrl+Alt combination. Do you have any ideas on how to get the shortcuts back? Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 16:36
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
It could be caused by Intel Extreme Graphics drivers Sep 1, 2009

Dear Vladislav,

The Wordfast Knowledge Base says this:

"Users of Intel Extreme Graphics drivers (notably on Dell computers) may be puzzled when first using Wordfast to see that some of the shortcuts do not work. This can also happen when you update your Intel Graphics driver.

Old Intel Graphics drivers have been noted to hijack Ctrl+Alt+F12.

Newer versions hijack four critical Wordfast shortcuts: Ctrl+Alt+Up, Ctrl+Alt+Down, Ctrl+Alt+Left, Ctrl+Alt+Right.

Translators experiencing problems with these shortcuts in Wordfast can go to the Control Panel and click on Intel Extreme Graphics (monitor icon).

They should then click on Hotkeys and disable Enable Hot Keys. The problem should then be solved."

Regards,
Gerard

Vladislav Badalov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 17:36
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works!! Sep 1, 2009

Dear Gerard,

Thank you so much! It really works!! You saved my day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Disabled shortcuts in Wordfast Classic 5.53q

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search