Thread poster: Cinzia Montina
Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 04:23
English to Arabic
File > Save Translated File Mar 23, 2010

Gordon Sutcliffe wrote:

As far as I can tell, a TTX loaded into Wordfast Pro 2.4 still wants to be saved as a .txml file, which can't be loaded back into my agencies' TagEditor. Can it not be saved as a ttx file?

Dear Gordon,

To have the translated TTX file to send to your client, please select "File" menu > "Save Translated File"

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Gordon Sutcliffe
Gordon Sutcliffe
Local time: 03:23
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks! Mar 25, 2010

Didn't spot that. Thanks for your help! Finally, I can do all "Trados" jobs in Wordfast; including the INX TTX files that don't even work in my old version of Trados. It's a very welcome upgrade indeed.

Gabriel Lang
Gabriel Lang  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 04:23
English to French
I could not agree more Mar 22, 2011

And, on top of that, the license is limited in time!
At least Trados is supported by most of the agencies and its license runs forever.
You can also buy it for a reasonable price in group buying. I'd rather invest 500€ in a tool that works for my requirements than 300€ in a tool that does not.
After worked in various big projects I felt very frustrated and disappointed with Wordfast Pro.
It is quite slow for big files, slower than SDLX. There are many functional irrit
... See more
And, on top of that, the license is limited in time!
At least Trados is supported by most of the agencies and its license runs forever.
You can also buy it for a reasonable price in group buying. I'd rather invest 500€ in a tool that works for my requirements than 300€ in a tool that does not.
After worked in various big projects I felt very frustrated and disappointed with Wordfast Pro.
It is quite slow for big files, slower than SDLX. There are many functional irritating bugs and other various bugs. Some functionalities are lacking. The interface is, well, not so simple. And the multiplatform selling point is irrelevant. Might be ok for Mac users but I won't work on Linux as a translatorl. Sorry if some people will get mad about that. Linux is very good for programmers, web servers, databases, and standard users.
Gabriel

PS: alright, I haven't seen that the TTX could be handled in Wordfast in such a way sorry.

Gordon Sutcliffe wrote:

As far as I can tell, a TTX loaded into Wordfast Pro 2.4 still wants to be saved as a .txml file, which can't be loaded back into my agencies' TagEditor. Can it not be saved as a ttx file?

330 euros now is it? At that rate of inflation, give it two or three years and it will be the same price as a Trados group buy and I'll have to look for a cheaper alternative again.

[Modifié le 2011-03-22 09:26 GMT]

[Modifié le 2011-03-22 18:10 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro compatibility

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »