WF Pro: placeable tags and untranslatable attribute
Thread poster: QUOI

QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
Sep 17, 2009

Dear fellow WF users,

I wonder if you can help me with these 2 questions regarding WF Pro.

1. Is there a way to leave out placeable tags (ie {ut1}, {ut2} etc.) in TM?
2. Can you define untranslatable attributes similar to WFC (ie use highlight gray 25% etc.)?

I am trying out the Pro version and have found my TM full of these tags and (unwanted) numbers and address.

Many thanks
R.

Direct link Reply with quote

Albert Stufkens  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:21
Member (2008)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Unwanted tags Sep 17, 2009

I am also relatively new to WF Pro.

What about just ignoring the tags and getting on with the translation?
However, in this case the final product should subsequently be checked for layout.

words@large wrote:

Dear fellow WF users,

I wonder if you can help me with these 2 questions regarding WF Pro.

1. Is there a way to leave out placeable tags (ie {ut1}, {ut2} etc.) in TM?
2. Can you define untranslatable attributes similar to WFC (ie use highlight gray 25% etc.)?

I am trying out the Pro version and have found my TM full of these tags and (unwanted) numbers and address.

Many thanks
R.

QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Don't have a problem with tags when translating... Sep 17, 2009

I am trying to see if there is a way in WFP to prevent TM from memorising these tags.

Albert Stufkens wrote:

I am also relatively new to WF Pro.

What about just ignoring the tags and getting on with the translation?
However, in this case the final product should subsequently be checked for layout.

Jamie Lucero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 22:21
French to English
Remove tags with search/replace Sep 18, 2009

If your main concern is cleaning the tags from the TM, you could always try opening the TM manually and performing a search/replace to remove the tags. Make sure that Wordfast Pro is not using the TM first; otherwise, the text file will be locked and you will be unable to modify it. Once unlocked, make a backup copy, open it in Word, search for the string &t^$; and replace it with nothing. Look the file over to make sure that you have achieved the desired effect. If not, then undo the replace and refine the search string. Once you have a clean TM, simply save it.

[Edited at 2009-09-18 04:41 GMT]

QUOI  Identity Verified

Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
clean TM manually Sep 18, 2009

I guess there is always this option. Thank you.

Jamie Lucero wrote:

If your main concern is cleaning the tags from the TM, you could always try opening the TM manually and performing a search/replace to remove the tags. Make sure that Wordfast Pro is not using the TM first; otherwise, the text file will be locked and you will be unable to modify it. Once unlocked, make a backup copy, open it in Word, search for the string &t^$; and replace it with nothing. Look the file over to make sure that you have achieved the desired effect. If not, then undo the replace and refine the search string. Once you have a clean TM, simply save it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro: placeable tags and untranslatable attribute

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search