Thread poster: fady_an

fady_an  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:01
French to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 30, 2009

Dear all,
I am using Wordfast for my translations, but when I translate into Arabic, I have the following problem: everytime Wordfast finds a match, the Arabic sentence appears as a serie of interrogation marks! So I basically get sentences that look like this: "??? ?????? ?? ????? ??????? ???", etc.
Could anyone please tell me how I can configure Wordfast so it could recognize the Arabic matches?
Thanks in advance for your help,
Kind regards,
Fady Abou Nakkoul.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:01
English to Arabic
Regional and Language Options Nov 8, 2009

Fady Abou Nakkoul wrote:

I am using Wordfast for my translations, but when I translate into Arabic, I have the following problem: everytime Wordfast finds a match, the Arabic sentence appears as a serie of interrogation marks! So I basically get sentences that look like this: "??? ?????? ?? ????? ??????? ???", etc.
Could anyone please tell me how I can configure Wordfast so it could recognize the Arabic matches?

Dear Fady,

Please follow the instructions here:
http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=knowledge&Task=view&questId=84&catId=33

This should help you avoid this problem.

Also, the newer versions of Wordfast Classic have better improvements regarding Arabic. You can download and install the latest version of Wordfast Classic available at:
http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=downloadpage

HTH,
Yasmin

[Edited at 2009-11-08 14:55 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does Wordfast recognize Arabic matches?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search