Wordfast on Mac OS 10.5
Thread poster: Shawn Burke
Shawn Burke
Local time: 01:50
Japanese to English
Oct 1, 2009

Two questions:

1) I am using Wordfast on Office 2004 mac 10.4.x.
and am planning to update to 10.5... Has anyone experienced any problems
with a set up like this.

2) If I were to update to Office 2008, are there any good alternatives to Wordfast?

Thank you!

Shawn

Direct link Reply with quote

AniseK  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 00:50
Japanese to English
+ ...
Wordfast on Mac? Oct 2, 2009

Thanks for starting this thread, Shawn. I was wondering about it myself. More precisely, I was wondering if there is a Wordfast version that runs on Pages, not Word.

As for running Wordfast on Office 2008, I'm sure a new version for 2008 will be out soon. I'm still having trouble running Wordfast on 2007

Daniel Grau  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
You can'n run in with Word 2008 Oct 2, 2009

... because it does not have macro support. You'll have to keep on using 2004 until the next version of Office comes out, which will once again support macros.

As for using it with Pages, the same thing applies: WF needs VBA, which is the language used in Office for writing macros. Pages does not have anything like that.

As for switching to OS X 10.5, go ahead, you won't have any problems.

Regards,

Daniel

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:50
Wordfast Pro on Mac Oct 3, 2009

Hi Shawn,

One thing to note: Wordfast Pro runs on Mac and since it is a standalone application that does not require Word to run, you could upgrade to Office 2008 without a problem.

However, as Daniel said, if you wish to use Classic on your Mac, you must keep running Word 2004.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast on Mac OS 10.5

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search