Wordfast error TM Connection error The following error(s) occured:wf://gltm... :Failed to connect. c
Thread poster: Maiko Hata

Maiko Hata
United States
Local time: 20:38
English to Japanese
+ ...
Oct 17, 2009

I've been working (or more accurately, wasted) on this for over 2 hours, and not sure what to do. I was hoping someone kind out there might be able to help me out? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated. This is the first of the TWO seperate questions I have regarding wordfast pro.

So, I have two computers, both windows vista, one is hp (2.5 years old), the other one brand new toshiba. I have been using wordfast on my old one forever, and now it's not working properly, and the one on the new computer is not working properly either.

1) The new computer keeps telling me ”TM Connection error The following error(s) occured:wf://gltm... :Failed to connect. could not connect to TM server gltm as (gltm), although I can connect to the remote TM no problem from my old version of the program on my older computer (there's another story on this, but I'll post it seperately). Please see below for the version info.

On my new PC:
(Version 2.2.2 Build id: 20090831-1559)
On my old PC:
(Wordfast  Version: 2.1.8 Build id: 20081231-1411)

Do you have any idea...?! Thank you so, so much for your help (and if you could help me out with the other question, that would be even more appreciated!)

Maiko

Direct link Reply with quote

Maiko Hata
United States
Local time: 20:38
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's working now! Oct 17, 2009

I just wanted to close this post (couldn't delete it) - once I figured out what order to put in the information on the remote TM window (because of the 'auto-fill' function for the URL window), it started working.

Thank you! And I think I'll go ahead and give up working on wordfast from my old pc now that the new one seems to be working... (please see the other post)

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast error TM Connection error The following error(s) occured:wf://gltm... :Failed to connect. c

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search