Thread poster: Dan Ilioiu

Dan Ilioiu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 08:05
English to Romanian
+ ...
Oct 18, 2009

Hello everybody,

My copy of Wordfast Pro (evaluation) does not insert placeables anymore in the target segmant. It just stopped.

I can navigate through the placeables in the source segment (using Ctrl+Alt+Left/Right) but when I press Ctrl+Alt+Down .... nothing happens.

Additional info: the program is installed on Vista Home

Did anyone experience something similar? If yes, is there a solution?

thank you.
Dan

[Edited at 2009-10-18 06:53 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Shouguang Cao
China
Local time: 14:05
Member (2007)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Try Copy/paste Oct 18, 2009

Try Copy/paste them see if it works.

One possible cause is CTRL+ALT+Down Arrow is used by other applications. Close all other applications and try again.

Dallas

Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Maybe Oct 19, 2009

It's possible, but I don't have any new application since a few days ago when it worked as it was supposed to. I will check to see if there were updates installed by Windows ...

I can insert the placeables using the button from the toolbar but it's annoying.

Dan

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:05
Try changing your shortcut key binding Oct 21, 2009

Hi Dan,

If the function works using the button from the toolbar, this most likely means that the keyboard shortcut is hijacked by another application. To double-check this, go to Edit > Preferences > Keys, look for Copy Placeable, and change the shortcut to something else that is not used for another funtion, like Ctrl+Alt+\. Let me know if this works.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it works Oct 23, 2009

Thank you Kristyna, it works.

This caused a flash-back for me, I had the a similar problem with another program, a few years ago. Back then, this was the first thing I tried ... right now I didn't even think about it.

However, can somebody tell me a way to find what program is stealing the Ctrl+Alt+Down key? Just for the sake of it.

All the best.

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:05
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
I'd like to know too, Dan Nov 1, 2009

Dan Ilioiu wrote:
can somebody tell me a way to find what program is stealing the Ctrl+Alt+Down key?

I'm using Wf classic, which worked well with Windows 2000 (yes, for me that's the recent past!). When I rather belatedly changed to XP not long ago, I discovered that none of the placeable shortcuts worked. They all cause the whole screen to turn! Had me panicking the first time, I can tell you! Now I find it quite fun to "play" with rotating text while looking for inspiration, but it's not so much fun having to use the icons.

Even if I knew how to change the shortcut combinations (yes, I know it's detailed here but I'm not sure I want to try it as I'd probably make matters worse - I usually do), I would still prefer to find out why they got messed up in the first place.

Milan Pavlas
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:05
English to Czech
+ ...
Found out? Jan 23, 2010

Did anybody find out? I'd love to know too, which application is hijacking this and I wonder why this is not in the known issues in the manual as I perfectly well remember this occurred when I first installed WF classic ages ago. Not quite sure, but back then I think it was caused by ATI driver which occupied this shortcut for rotation. Can anybody kindly contribute what causes CTRL+ALT+DOWN inactive? Thanks.

PS: And yes, as I have just noticed, I do confirm that changing the keys delivers functional copying but still what hijacks this today? Mine is Win XP pro. And I see no shortcuts assigned with ATI.

[Edited at 2010-01-23 15:51 GMT]

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:05
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
maybe this works Feb 25, 2010

Milan Pavlas wrote:

Did anybody find out? I'd love to know too, which application is hijacking this and I wonder why this is not in the known issues in the manual as I perfectly well remember this occurred when I first installed WF classic ages ago. Not quite sure, but back then I think it was caused by ATI driver which occupied this shortcut for rotation. Can anybody kindly contribute what causes CTRL+ALT+DOWN inactive? Thanks.

PS: And yes, as I have just noticed, I do confirm that changing the keys delivers functional copying but still what hijacks this today? Mine is Win XP pro. And I see no shortcuts assigned with ATI.

[Edited at 2010-01-23 15:51 GMT]

How about if you focus on each program that you have open and try the shortcut to see what happens?

[Edited at 2010-02-25 18:38 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

wordfast pro does not insert placeable

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search