Error while saving - MS office Plug-in on Wordfast Pro
Thread poster: Gabriel Francesch
Gabriel Francesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:03
English to French
+ ...
Oct 24, 2009

Hi !

I apologize if a response to a similar problem has already been posted somewhere, but I have been searching Worddfast and Mac forums for a good hour and I couldn't find an answer to my problem.

So... I just downloaded the trial version of Wordfast Pro and I have a problem with the "saving translated files" function.
Everything else is fine but when I try to "save the translated files" I get the following error message :

MS office Plug-in
... Error while saving

It does save the file, but it is only a white Word page (???).
I am using Wordfast Pro on a Mac, but still, I don't understand why this is happening. Maybe I am just not following the procedures, or I missed something. Has anyone encountered this problem before ?

Actually, I was using Wordfast on my old PC before and it was a real pleasure to use. Then, I got a Mac recently and as Wordfast Classic is not supported under MS Office for Macs 2008, I thought the Pro version would be a good alternative. Was I wrong ?
I mean, I read that some of us are ready to buy Parallels, Windows XP, Mircosoft Office... just to be able to use Wordfast on their Mac and I am asking myself why people are not using Wordfast Pro instead ?

What is so good (or not so good...) about Wordfast Pro anyway ?!

I would be extremely happy to hear comments from people using Wordfast on Macs, or using Wordfast Pro in general.

Thanks a million !

Direct link Reply with quote

Gabriel Francesch  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:03
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Oct 25, 2009

I just bought the license for Wordfast Translation Studio, and it seems that my little problem is solved !!
Just so that Mac users who are working with Leopard know, Wordfast Pro works perfectly on it (well, I hope !). So in my opinion it's a good alternative as it is probably the best CAT tool you could use on a Mac.
Thanks,

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error while saving - MS office Plug-in on Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search