where can I download some wfast glossaries and/or TMs?
Thread poster: xxxMichele Mann
xxxMichele Mann  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 03:43
Chinese to Italian
+ ...
Oct 29, 2009

where can I download some wfast glossaries and/or TMs? Is there any website to get free glossaries?

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
No, you don't understand... Oct 29, 2009

Michele Mannoni wrote:
Where can I download some Wfast glossaries and/or TMs? Is there any website to get free glossaries?

Unless the client gives you a TM and a glossary, you're supposed to create them yourself. From scratch. Glossaries and TMs that you get from the internet are likely to be either useless or produce unspectacular results. With a CAT tool, you start with a clean slate.

Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
DGT Multilingual Translation Memory Oct 30, 2009

You might try this material from the European Commission under http://langtech.jrc.it/DGT-TM.html. Not really specifically made for Wordfast, but importable nevertheless.

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
"Wordfast glossaries" Oct 30, 2009

Looking for Wordfast glossaries is the wrong approach. Look for good glossaries in the fields you work in, then convert them to wordfast format. Anything that's in a table or spreadsheet of some sort (except pdf) is easy to convert.
I think WF glossaries (and TMs) are tab delimited text files, which is the easiest format to generate.

BTW the DGT-TM is nice, especially if you do EU materials, but don't get your hopes up about using it in WF... afaik it can't handle this much data, not even close.

Alma de Kok  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2006)
Polish to Dutch
+ ...
I use DGT-TM as reference Oct 30, 2009

HI,

I converted the DGT-TM for use in wordfast and use it mainly for reference-purposes (Ctrl-Alt-C). Very useful.

Kind regards,

Alma

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

where can I download some wfast glossaries and/or TMs?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search