Thread poster: Anna Haxen

Anna Haxen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 20:11
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
Nov 11, 2009

After having upgraded to WF Pro and succesfully installed my license certificate and activated the application, and after I have worked on several projects using a large TM, WF Pro has suddenly begun opening in Demo Mode again.

I have tried reinstalling the license certificate twice (which I can do without problems) and restarting the application, but it keeps opening in Demo Mode.

What is wrong??? My license doesn't expire until 2011.

Any help would be very very much appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Current Install No. Nov 11, 2009

Anna Haxen wrote:

After having upgraded to WF Pro and succesfully installed my license certificate and activated the application, and after I have worked on several projects using a large TM, WF Pro has suddenly begun opening in Demo Mode again.

I have tried reinstalling the license certificate twice (which I can do without problems) and restarting the application, but it keeps opening in Demo Mode.

Dear Anna,

Have you made any serious changes to your system? What is your operating system?

Please check the Install No. you have; if it is different from the name of the .lic file, you need to re-license your WFP using the new Install No.

To re-license your Wordfast Pro, please follow the instructions here:

http://www.wordfast.net/?whichpage=installpro

After that, log-in (wordfast.net >support >login) with your loin email and password.

- Click on *License an application* in order to obtain a license file for your new install number.
- Make sure you enter the Install No. in the textbox labeled *Your Wordfast Professional install number:*.
- You should receive the file by email; save it somewhere. (Make sure you do not change the location of your licence file from now on.)
- Click on *Licence Manager* (see the link above) to browse the licence file.

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

[Edited at 2009-11-11 14:27 GMT]

Evelyne Antinoro  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
The same here! Nov 11, 2009

The same happens me too!

I downloaded the last version of Wordfast Pro, I installed the new license number, it said that license was successfully installed, but then it said that the license number is not valid.

I asked a new license number again, and the same happened again!

Thank you for any help!

Denmark
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Even more maddening: Nov 11, 2009

I found out that I can get a new license file (not that there seems to be anything wrong with it) by logging into the hotline at wordfast.com.

I tried doing that and was told that my hotline access expired in September and that I can purchase access for 50 EUR.

So: I must pay 50 EUR to obtain a new license which may or may not solve my problem - and how long will that work?

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Re-licensing is Free of Charge Nov 11, 2009

Anna Haxen wrote:

I found out that I can get a new license file (not that there seems to be anything wrong with it) by logging into the hotline at wordfast.com.

I tried doing that and was told that my hotline access expired in September and that I can purchase access for 50 EUR.

So: I must pay 50 EUR to obtain a new license which may or may not solve my problem - and how long will that work?

Dear Anna,

Re-licensing has noting to do with the Hotline service. Please check my previous reply.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Capesha  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Yasmin is right Nov 11, 2009

Anna Haxen wrote:

The Hotline service and a new licence request are two separate issues. You can order a new licence free of charge. After the 4th or 5th time they will ask you why you need so many licences. But normally an explanation like "I had to setup my notebook several times due to Bill G's wonderful software" (which was true in my case) is sufficient.

Denmark
Member (2005)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Miraculous recovery Nov 11, 2009

I shut down my laptop and when I turned it on, everything was working again. Is this a bug? Not a very pleasant experience when you're in a rush.

I understand that it is possible to re-license, but that doesn't really help if WF decides to switch to demo mode again - and again - and ...

Thank you for your suggestions, anyway.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro switches to demo mode

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search