Thread poster: Sandra Kirley

Sandra Kirley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:56
Danish to English
+ ...
Nov 12, 2009

Hello
Just wondered whether anyone has had any experience of translating html files/tagged files in Wordfast?
One of my clients has asked whether I can translate a file currently in Tag Editor, Trados - he thinks it may prove tricky I use Wordfast and he does not want to risk "losing" any text if he then has to convert my text back to Trados-
I have never translated tagged files before - but am getting an increasing number of requests to do so. Wordfast support say it is all possible, but that you should do a test translation first to see how it goes - so hence my question to anyone out there experienced in this?
Is it fairly straightforward? And are you able to work with Tag Editor?
Thanks for any advice you can give!
Sandra

Suzanne Deliscar  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:56
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Wordfast and .TTX Nov 13, 2009

I would like to know about this too. I have tried to do .ttx files in Wordfast but had some challenges. Perhaps I was doing something incorrectly.

Thanks for starting the topic Sandra. Looking forward to the responses.

Suzanne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating tagged/html files in Wordfast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search